Once the package is successfully built and installed, you have to configure the OpenLDAP server.
The OpenLDAP configuration file is located in
In order to activate the aacls backend, you will have to add the following lines to the configuration file :
- Tells slapd to use the aacls interface :
- Tells slapd the database suffix
- Tells slapd which DN to use for accessing the real LDAP server (un-access controlled)
- The password for the above DN
- The base DN where the ACL are stored in the real LDAP server
- The real LDAP server address and port to connect to.
Once the configuration file is customised at your wish, you can start the OpenLDAP server with the following command line:
$prefix/bin/slapd -f $prefix/etc/openldap/slapd.conf